About MACEDONIA BAPTIST CHURCH

And Its History

Pastor
C.M. Cummings 
  • Robert and Odessa Office started the church in their garage in 1950 and were led by Rev. C.M. Cummings.
 
  • The church was legally erected on 700 Benton in 1951.
 
  • Pastor C.M. Cummings was the 1st Pastor of MBC but resigned to form his own church in 1973 called New Testament Baptist Church.
 
  • That same year, Rev. Edward L. Varnado merged Truevine BC into Macedonia BC in which he became the senior Pastor.
 
  • The congregation flourished under his leadership and outgrew the building.
 
  • The current Sanctuary was erected in 1988.
DSC_0154 - Copy - Copy_edited.JPG
  • Macedonia became a pillar in the Del Paso Heights community. The church was
known for its various Bible studies, melodious music ministry, populous youth department, wide-reaching mission’s ministry, and for raising and ordaining many ministers and Pastors in the city.
 
  • In 2017, Macedonia was able to burn its mortgage and became debt free!
 
  • In 2020, Macedonia celebrated its 70th Anniversary during one of the worst pandemic outbreaks in history. But God brought the Church together and sustained it financially.  God blessed the Church with the ability to continue to help the community in need of food, clothing, toiletries and any other necessities.  To God be the glory!
 
  • February 7, 2021, Macedonia acknowledged that God said it was time and the Church was ready for a new Shepherd to lead His sheep, naming Jeffrey L. Johnson II, from Center of Praise Ministries of Sacramento was appointed as Macedonia's new Senior Pastor.
 
God has blessed us throughout the years because his hand is on this church! We are sailing full speed ahead with a new vision in mind where we are challenged to “Just be. Be the Light. Be the Love. And be the Change.”
Pastor
E. L. Varnado 
92605562_555280515366077_831887751802729
Pastor
Jeffrey Johnson II